JENNIFER THERMES is a children’s book author, illustrator, and map illustrator. Her recent nonfiction picture books include CHARLES DARWIN’S AROUND-THE-WORLD ADVENTURE and GRANDMA GATEWOOD HIKES THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL. She has also created maps for books such as Thornghost, The Emperor’s Ostrich, and The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street.
Jennifer loves weaving maps that give a sense of geography and place into her stories, and is fascinated by the big picture of history and how it connects with our lives today.
In her free time Jennifer likes to walk, garden, read, draw, and figure out where to put her ever-growing piles of books. She lives with her family in a quirky antique farmhouse in Connecticut.
– MANHATTAN: MAPPING THE STORY OF AN ISLAND has received ★starred reviews★ from Kirkus, Booklist,
Publishers Weekly, and School Library Journal.
– MANHATTAN: MAPPING THE STORY OF AN ISLAND is a Junior Library Guild Selection.
– Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast
– Miss Marple’s Musings – Illustrator Interview
–Kathy Temean’s Writing and Illustrating Blog – Illustrator Saturday
– Sub It Club – The May Postcard Post and a follow-up
– The Little Crooked Cottage – Mr. Pig visits… Jennifer Thermes!
Abrams Books for Young Readers, Albert Whitman & Company, Clarion Books, Crown Books for Young Readers,
Dial Books for Young Readers, Henry Holt Books for Young Readers, Holiday House, Holt/Christy Ottaviano Books,
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Islandport Press, Random House Children’s Books, Sleeping Bear Press